Solar Moko Idea

Paul paultsai at
Thu Feb 26 18:20:58 CET 2009

How much does the openmoko need to run in standby?  I am pretty sure I have
been able to charge my battery using only 100mA, it did take a while.  Then
I see devices like the following which produces up to 9.5v at 100mA which
tells me that it may be possible to charge the openmoko.

My intention is not to replace the need for conventional chargers, simply
add in a feature where if I'm outdoors in the sun a lot, I would need to
charge my phone less.  for instance, if I am on a beach on vacation, it
would be cool to have my phone last the full day instead of stopping after 4
hours of usage, provided I stop every now and then to swim, etc.

Email - paultsai at

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray