[Om2008.12] End call doesn't actually end call
darkstarsword at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:21:26 CET 2009
I just had a very disturbing experience. While trying to determine if
the sound on my freerunner was working (see [Om2008.12] No sound on
phonecalls) I did the following:
* Called freerunner from my room phone - freerunner failed to audibly
ring, though visually did identify the incoming call and did activate
vibrator (consistent symptoms with No sound on phonecalls). Did not
answer call on freerunner, already knew that would be fruitless.
* Repeated above, same result
* Rebooted freerunner
* Called freerunner from room phone - call did not get connected and
eventually diverted to voicemail (Repeated several times, same result
* Called room phone from freerunner to see if it had managed to
register on the network - room phone began to ring, so registration
was successful by this stage (visually nothing had changed on the
signal strength indicator - one bar and a star, whatever the hell that
* Selected end call on freerunner without answering from room phone.
__Freerunner appears to no longer be on a phone call, connected or
* Attempted to call freerunner from room phone again - this time
immediately diverted to voicemail with message that I was on another
phone call (repeated several times, same result each time).
* Rebooted freerunner again
* Voicemail notification on my room phone begins to flash - very
disturbed to hear my own musings on voicemail message from after I had
* Sell phone on ebay (ok, not yet - but if this "phone" isn't usable
as a phone by the time Nokia releases their next Internet Tablet that
is looking more and more likely).
On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
will go superconductive.
-- Erik Raymond, 2005
Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
More information about the support