Neo for DATA acquisition with USB

lakshmikanth t.lakshmikanth at
Sat Jan 3 20:11:01 CET 2009

I want to read data from the sensor(any) to Neo(Openmoko freerunner) with
the USB port.

Do we have any readily available chips which are compatible to Neo OS
(OM2007.2 or
what so ever) for reading the data from USB?

I have checked out CP2102, but it has drivers in rpm format.....same with
Telos chip...

Is it possible to install drivers of the format .rpm or .dep ... is there
any method to do that??

If we have to develop one such system, then what are the steps to be
followed:like which
microcontroller and peripheral chips to be used.... and how to develop
firmware for