GTA02 is now an expensive brick

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 5 02:02:03 CET 2009

Briefly remove/replace the battery and then plug in the usb cable from a
computer - not the wall plug.  Removing the battery allows the safety
circuit to reset itself.

Wait at least 10-15 minutes to tricklecharge, then try booting again.
You may have to remove/replace the battery again.  Boot with the usb
cable plugged in.

The lable saying what version you have is under the battery.

BillK

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 18:54 -0500, Lucas Lacroix wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses.
>
> I believe have a GTA02v5, but there's no identifying mark to say which
> version.
>
> As for purchasing an additional battery or a battery charger, that is
> NOT a solution. That's a stop-gap. It's the same as purchasing a new
> car, finding the axle broke in your driveway overnight, and then the
> car salesmen telling you "all you need to fix it is buy a new axle".
>
> I have tried every combination of with/without battery, holding aux,
> USB or Wall charger, and holding aux+power. None of these combinations
> have yielded any results.
Home in Perth!