Tilman Baumann tilman at
Mon Jan 5 21:36:00 CET 2009

Sten Kvamme wrote:
> The gpsd call "p" does not return UTC but some other TZ dependant of the
> settings in the /etc/localtime. Is this right or am I wrong?

I have no idea. But why should gpsd deal with TZ issues? The only
reasonable time for gpsd to deal with would be the GPS-Time or UTC
(which is GPS-Time plus a correction factor also included in the signal)

But what makes me wonder is that
describes 'p' as the position and 'd' as time (unfortunately without any
additional info about type)

But maybe I'm just looking at the wrong place...