GTA02 is now an expensive brick / pcf50633 defaults

Gothnet openmoko at
Wed Jan 7 01:18:54 CET 2009

bburdette wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
>> There's two interesting ideas from Mike though, one is that disable USB
>> insert as ON will help by giving longer for VB_SYS to charge and the
>> other is leave charger enabled.  For both of these, they are defeated
>> (USB insert is ON action, charger disabled) by NOPOWER and we have no
>> control then.  If the backup battery had not decayed, it could help, but
>> it only has very partial impact and is not magically delivering "the
>> behaviour you want", GTA02 with this issue still will not start if left
>> long enough for backup battery to fall below the pcf50633 threshold for
> So are you saying there's no way to reprogram the freerunner to be able
> to charge from a (completely) depleted battery?

That would seem to be the case.

That it can charge when there's enough power to start booting, or it can
trickle-charge when off (maybe, with some software modification) but that
when it's been off for a  couple of days you're out of luck.