GTA02 is now an expensive brick

Johny Tenfinger seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:58:16 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 16:36, Gothnet <openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net> wrote:

> After a month and a half of people saying "I hate your new phone, I can hear
> myself at full volume about a second after I speak" (some folks found it
> amusing), and then a few weeks of "God damn you freerunner, will you please
> wake up when I get a call!" I had to stop as well, I rely on having a mobile
> too much to be able to put up with it.
>
> Perfectly willing to try again, but I'm waiting or either a new android
> build or the next FSO milestone.

Ability to searching informations is neccesary with using FreeRunner.
(I think all of FR users should remember that)
Getting rid of echo on FSO is only one line added in some file. Search
for it. It works well for me.

Tip? AT%N0173.
Second tip? This maillist.

Good luck in searching.

It's very annoying to reading "GTA02 is now expensive brick", "GTA02
unusable, bring me back my f***ing money blahjblahablh", "gta02
lalalala" topics, where ignorant people are complaining about issues
in gta02... which works for me. You only have to do less lazy ;) Or
have more spare time. It's neccesary with FreeRunner, you should know
it before buying it. (how the hell have i known it before i buyed FR?
i was only reading wiki and maillists!)

Yes, marketing as "ready to use phone" was FIC/OM fault.
Believing in this marketing was your fault. It was easy to check.
Your "not working" Neos are your fault. Mine is working very well. How
it's possible? "Think about it, man!" (Tenacious D - Inward Singing
;])

GTA01 was mainly for (hardware) developers. GTA02 is mainly for geeks.
GTA03 looks promising, if only there won't be hardware issues.

I knowed it before i buyed FreeRunner. And i'm only user. I'm
interested in Openmoko since few (2-4) month before FreeRunner was
released. But i was witting (? i don't know if it is correct word ;) )
about issues with Neos. And that's why i'm happy with it.

Most of you, who are shouting "it's a brick! it's a brick!" should buy
Android or Symbian, or even Windows Mobile based phone. Not Openmoko.
Think about it, again! ;]

Heh, i don't know if i say everythink i want. English is not my native
language and it was always problematic for me. As opposite to my Neo
;)

dos