Phone service in Israel?

Alon Levy alonlevy1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 01:22:29 CET 2009

I've used my neo1973 in israel with the cellcom gsm network with an old sim
card, had both voice and sms, and recently tested it after upgrading the gsm
firmware with a newer sim card for orange, voice worked, sms didn't seem to.
(I don't use it for day to day because of the battery issues).

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai.net> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten phone service in Israel?
>
> I'll be visiting Israel soon, and it occurred to me
> to take my Freerunner with me.
> (the one I'll be getting ;-)
>

> I would be buying a SIM card and pay-as-I-go.
>
> I have a T MObil sim for use in the US,
> and my old (current :-) cell phone is AT & T,
> and the handset is supposedly unlocked.
>
> Thanks
> Seth

Alon Levy