OpenMoko Webcam

Neil Benn neil.benn at
Sun Jan 11 17:04:37 CET 2009

          I'm really sorry to be thick here but I'm moving onto the
FreeRunner to execute the work and I cannot download the
linux-image-2.6.24-openmoko-gta02 package.  It compains that I need to add
sources - I've searched around again but cannot find the repository needed
to download this.  So I copied the sources.list from my desktop machine plus
the contents of /var/lib/apt/lists to the freetunner.  I could then do an
apt-get to install and that worked in taht it downloads the sources.  This
complained that it could not execute dpkg-source and I need to install
dpkg-dev - I tried to do an apt-get for that but it complained that dpkg-dev
has no installation candidate.

   I guess I am missing some sources in my repos but I don't know which

  Thanks you very much for tips and advice.

2009/1/11 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at>

> "Neil Benn" <neil.benn at> writes:
> > point to asm (it does) - apart from that I'm stuck.  Compiling on Ubunutu
> > 8.10 if that maeks any difference?
> That is no cross-compiling. You need to compile on armel, not x86.
> To setup cross-compiling you better see wiki/Development_Environment

Neil Benn Msc
Ziath Ltd
Website -
Blog -

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This message, including any attached documents, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
please notify Ziath Ltd immediately by email at info at Thank you.