[2008.12] problems with wifi

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Sun Jan 11 21:32:22 CET 2009

Hello Robin,

Robin Paulson wrote:
> i notice since upgrading to 2008.12, that there is no longer a control
> in 'Settings' to turn on/off the wifi chip. how do i do this now?
>
> i've installed lint and mofi in the hope there would be a control
> there. mofi runs, and displays 'Loading...' at the centre of the
> screen, and does nothing else; is it waiting for the wifi chip to
> appear before it will do anything else, and lint starts but doesn't
> appear to have a control for starting the wifi ahrdware
>
> am i missing something really obvious? the wiki says nothing about
> 2008.12 and wifi?

Please look at:

http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=295

The author of the article has written a very nice little control panel
that includes all kinds of little bits and pieces. Amongst other things,
the control panel app can toggle WiFi on or off. I use it on 2008.12
with no problems.

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins