Once a whiner

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 12 13:54:04 CET 2009

I am currently building shr-unstable to try - been running a day or so,
though had a few hiccups.  Have tried shr before and liked it - just
that it never ever registered so was a bit useless.  I am hoping that
building the image will allow me to track down why everything that uses
the gsm0710mux fails to register - its almost like the gsm chipset locks
up with the SIM I am using (vodafone.au).

BillK

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 07:48 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> I had the same opinion until I've tried SHR. Sure SHR is not complete
> yet, but I've used it as a phone for 3 weeks from now, and it's quite
> reliable. The distro proves the quality of Framework combine with
> Enligntment based applications. I think we are progressing, but I also
> tend to agree that it would be nice to focus on less tools and less
> distros to gain high quality phone software like phone call, SMS,
> Contacts, Calendar and Alarms.
>
> Best regards,
> Nicolas
>
> Le lundi 12 janvier 2009 à 13:59 +0900, William Kenworthy a écrit :
> > Still, it will crash at least once a day with suspend failures,
> > fails to
> > register, BSODs, event/0 runaway, lost SMS messages, ...  Even if
> > you
> > dont use it once registered, its only a matter of a few hours and
> > something will go wrong.
Home in Perth!