OpenMoko + Exchange

Thomas Otterbein th.otterbein at gmx.net
Tue Jan 13 23:03:01 CET 2009

> i know that Evolution email can do Exchange.  last i read, Debian can be
As far as I know to be a native Exchange-Client Evolution requires a non-free-
plugin. But even if you purchase it I doubt that the plugin will work on OM.

However Exchange speaks IMAP and IMAP allows to place contacts and
appointsments into it's folders. I know of mixed environments (Mac/Win) where
people use it for common calendars. However I've never had the chance to test
it myself as I lack access to a Exchange-Server and it's Admin (I don't
believe it is available by default). If the latter is not an issue for you I
suggest KDE's KMail for a proof-of-concept test as I'm sure it supports IMAPs
extended functions.

After a successful test you only have to find a good IMAP-client and probably
need to extend it only just a bit to do the trick...