battery on Qtopia 4.4.2

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:35:15 CET 2009

Salut Francois,

I'm also using QtE 4.4.2, and I get something more than 48 hours of battery.

I think the trick is enabling suspend - I think it's off by default - if you
go into settings, select 'Power Management', and make sure that something
reasonble is set for the suspend timeout - I have mine set as 20s to dim,
30s to display off, and 40s to suspend.

The big difference with QtE vs. the 2008.X distro's I've used is that the
phone unsuspends quickly enough that you can reliably answer incoming calls
- when I was using the 2008.X based distros I regularly missed calls...

Hope this helps.

Warren