[FSO] Re: Call Volume on wired headset

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 18:13:53 CET 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Marcus Stong wrote:
> I'm using the latest testing milestone of FSO

Please quote the actual version number to avoid confusion. As I understand
it 'latest milestone' is currently 4.1. It also helps to know whether you
have gta01 or gta02 as the mixer channel numbers are apparently different.

> , and am trying to get the
> wired headset working better on zhone calls. The earbud volume is rather
> weak. I've altered gsmheadset.state control.3 values to 1 (from 87). It's
> turned up the volume a bit, but still not enough.

That's odd - setting it to 1 should give almost no output, at least on a
gta02. Mine is at 96 and maxmum is 127.

> I also changed the value of control.6 to 1 as well.

From what? Mine is at 7 (maximum)

> Maybe I'm not getting how this works. I tried the maximum value of
> control.3 (120 or something), but that seemed to make it quieter.

That's very strange. It seems as though you are editing the correct controls,
and the differences should be obvious given the large level changes you seem
to be making. I can't test it myself until I've resoldered my headset, but
I've not had any problems with it in the past when changing audio settings. i
haven't checked to see that FSO does actually use the gsmheadset.state when
the headset is plugged in. I assume you are editing the file, saving the
changes then starting a new phone call to test the settings.