OpenMoko + Exchange

Olivier Migeot larrycow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:33:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM, not12listen <not12listen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does that make sense? :)

It does. But it's not the faint hearted. Getting Evolution to run on
Neo won't be too easy, but it should be reasonnably doable (in a
perfect world, it might compile directly on arm... maybe it already
does, btw). Then having it running everyday would start to be a pain
in some lower parts : Evolution, as nice as it is, needs a _lot_ of
resource compared to what a Freerunner can offer. The screen size
might be a pain too.

Well it's surely possible to run Evolution. Now whether that would be
the solution to not12listen's problem or not is another whole debate.
And if it were that easy, it'd be done already (Evolution can do much
more than Exchange connectivity, and _many_ people would love those
too). Our guy asked if he _can_ read Exchange mail's on OM. Not within
the year, nor in an unknown future, but _now_. And _now_, he can't.

We got too many people disappointed by the Freerunner, we don't need
another one.

--
Olivier