Once a whiner

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:14:05 CET 2009

2009/1/9 Marcus Stong <stongo at gmail.com>

> I'd just like to say, for all the whiners using om 2008.x (I've been one
> just recently, too), try FSO testing. I've been using it for a few days, and
> everything seems to work like a charm compared to OM2008.x.

Umh... it seems it's not so stable...I was missing for the last 3 weeks so
perhaps I'm outdated on some informations ;)
However I installed the latest testing fso-image (14 jan), but it seems it
has no X server, on the download page it seems as that from 13 Jan the image
size is smaller than before. Is it something to be fixed or am I missing
sometingh?

The image from 13 jan is not able to mount root device, and that from 8 jan
on the first boot freezed on the illume initial setup.

I always thinked FSO is an "hacker" image to develop and test the framework,
and that the FSO team is not focused on the pure image stabilization, please
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that now SHR is actually the only
alternative to Qtextended and 2008.12 to be used both for production and for
developing new applications in a quite stable system environment ?

       Nicola