Can't create bug ticket

danek daniel at digsoc.com
Sun Jan 25 19:15:33 CET 2009

Hi everybody

I am having a problem with my GTA02 not registering GSM. It was working for
many months, and suddenly stopped registering one day last month, and hasn't
been able to register gsm and send or receive calls or sms since then. (You
can see my threads "GSM no longer registers on GTA02 - how to troubleshoot?
" and "Still can't register GSM" on this list from December 2008)

I have recently returned from out of town and have tried further
troubleshooting my problem, but have not gotten the phone back to a working
state. I have tried everything I could think of, and everything a few people
on this list were kind enough to suggest, to no avail. Today I tried to file
a bug, only to get the message "Error: Forbidden \n TICKET_CREATE privileges
are required to perform this operation" from the Trac website.

One thing I haven't tried is "devirginating" (shouldn't it be
"revirginating"?) my phone, as I don't have access to a JTAG interface.
Other than that, I have replaced every piece of software on that phone which
I have access to multiple times, and no combination of software (and I have
tried many different configurations which I have known to work in the past)
has been able to register GSM ever since my FR stopped registering about six
weeks ago. If somebody in the New York City area has a JTAG interface that I
could use for de/revirgination purposes, I would greatly appreciate the loan
of said interface (or I can give you my phone for *virgination.)

Otherwise, I would really like to know what my options are. I know OpenMoko
has a short hardware warranty period, and I am definitely outside of that
period, as I got my phone in early August, but I am willing to pay a
reasonable fee (reasonable = less money than buying another freerunner) to
have my phone serviced if necessary. I maintain my suspicion that the
Calypso mysteriously died.

I would very much appreciate information about my options here -- at the
very least, I'd like to be able to file a bug report, so if anybody can help
with that, it would be a start. (I am logged into the Trac site with account
name "danek" and I am going to https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/wiki/NewTicket
only to get an error message. Should I be going somewhere else? Do I need to
register additional information to be able to file a bug?)