Setting app nor opkg update seem to be working

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:00:18 CEST 2009

Bill,

If this is totally new to you first update the GSM firmware
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing#uSD-card_Image_.28GTA02_only.29

Then Update Qi
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qi#Installation

then you just need to flash a rootfs and a kernel image from
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images/om-gta02/

The links you've provided below should show you how to flash the
rootfs/kernel.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Bill Purcell <lists at whpiv.net> wrote:

> I think I will try out SHR.  It looks like
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SHR
>
> will help me with SHR specific stuff but I first need to learn how to
> flash, which
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner
>
> should be a good guide for that.
>
> Should I flash everything ... bootloader, kernel, and shr image or can
> I just flash the shr image over the top? (I probably sound ignorant and
> that's because I am ... I am less than 24 hrs into openmoko land.)
>
> Any advice?  I will start a new thread if I start having troubles with
> the flash and google doesn't answer my questions.  Is this the right
> list for this type of discussion?
>
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 10:54:55AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> > I recommend using SHR's unstable image ...

Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray