Finding a recent U-Boot (Was: Om2009 testing release 4)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Mon Jun 1 17:55:37 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:50:12PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:

> this is more about predicting where qi will go
> in future, than where it is now. and various people from om have
> talked about qi being the way forward. i imagine there will be no more
> significant changes to uboot from here onwards, whereas qi will
> steadily improve. i might be wrong

   Those same people also don't work for OM any more, so the amount of time
they have available for qi work could be very limited. Andy said he'd keep
working on qi[1], but we haven't seen any of it yet. Likewise we haven't yet
seen much of what I said I'd work on for U-Boot[2][3] either. Judge by what
people _actually_ do rather than what they say they'll do.

[1] https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-March/009584.html
[2] https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-April/009827.html
[3] https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-April/010007.html

--