help for newbie

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:46:08 CEST 2009

2009/6/2 Anthony Winter <awtel at sayne.org>:
> Ok, I have installed /uImage-2.6.28-stable+gitr0+f19f259d...  and
> fso-paroli-image-om-gta02.jffs2
>
> Now I need some pointers:
> Where are the apps for this distribution?

there are very few apps installed by default on om2009. you will need
to use opkg to install more, and keep everything up to date. best to
do this over ssh, form your desktop/laptop

have you got ssh running?

there are more at opkg.org, which have been specifically developed for
the freerunner; there is a repository which you can add to opkg,
although it's having some problems at the moment

take a look at:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Applications

for more info on what you can add to your freerunner.

bear in mind, that om2009 doesn't have a lot of libraries that your
average distro has, so some of the stuff there only runs on shr, or
some of the other community distros