Om2009 testing release 4

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 16:50:58 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/6/2 Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>:
> > On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Robin Paulson wrote:
> >> there's no incentive i can see to stay with uboot
> >
> > You probably don't have 4 different distros on your SD then ;-)
>
> no, i don't.
>
> but it doesn't look like it will be long before qi can do multi-boot
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qi#Boot_Menu

It's been done already - there was a thread about building the minimal kernel
and rootfs, and using it to kexec into the one you really want to boot.
Unfortunately that takes up another partition that I just don't have spare due
to the kernel limitation on partitions in mmcblk devices, and android's thirst
for partitions. This could be worked around too, but as I already have  a
working uboot setup there doesn't seem much point. I've nothing against Qi,
but in my case uboot is the better tool for the job.