help for newbie, and some python

Anthony Winter awtel at
Wed Jun 3 05:10:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009, Robin Paulson wrote:

> > Where are the apps for this distribution?
> there are very few apps installed by default on om2009. you will need
> to use opkg to install more, and keep everything up to date. best to
> do this over ssh, form your desktop/laptop
> bear in mind, that om2009 doesn't have a lot of libraries that your
> average distro has, so some of the stuff there only runs on shr, or
> some of the other community distros

Is there any obvious way of telling what will and what won't run on om2009?

And my second question:  here is a tiny python/gtk program. How do I get it to
run on the Freerunner?

#!/usr/bin/env python
# example
import gtk
class Base:
        def __init__(self):
                self.window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
        def main(self):
if __name__ == "__main__":
    base = Base()