Where is mplayer?

jamesmh james at hiebert.name
Sat Jun 6 05:17:47 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm sure that there's going to be an easy answer to this... probably
something like, "you haven't configured opkg source [x]".  If that's the
case, I would appreciate some detailed help in setting up the appropriate
source.

So my question is: Where is the mplayer package?  There are a number of
media player applications that explicitly require mplayer as a backend.
However, I can't seem to find a source for the mplayer package.  I'm using
OM2008.12.  My configured sources look like this:

root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg# ls
Multiverse-feed.conf  all-feed.conf         arch.conf
armv4t-feed.conf      om-gta02-feed.conf
root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg# cat *
src/gz daily-Multiverse http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Multiverse
src/gz om-dev-all http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/all
arch all 1
arch any 6
arch noarch 11
arch arm 16
arch armv4t 21
arch om-gta02 26
src/gz om-dev-armv4t
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/armv4t
src/gz om-dev-om-gta02
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/om-gta02

The Video Player page on the wiki
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Video_Player) unhelpfully gives the standard
opkg command ("opkg install mplayer") which is obvious, but doesn't work in
my case.  What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.