[om2009-r4] Warren's Settings Worked for Me (was Re: Om2009 testing release 4)

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Jun 8 16:13:39 CEST 2009

> Joerg, I also tested this by lowering Mono to 72 with alsa-mixer on my
> A6 OM2009 Test4 after reading Warrens mail, and I now no longer sound
> like sitting on a motor lawnmower during a call.
>
> Maybe this is something different than the Buzz Issue, but it improves
> sounds for the other party a lot.

I've experienced that on some settings the background noise of my
environment (=cars / computer fan / air conditioning / ...) is
amplified a lot when I'm silent and the person I'm talking to can hear
it. It isn't easy to recognice what's the source of the noise but I'd
say there's some tunign to do to make this work. So I don't think it's
the actual buzz but amplifying the environment.