Need help! FR seems to be dead cold!

Ilya Platonov ilya.platonov at
Wed Jun 10 18:55:28 CEST 2009

Joachim Ott wrote:
> 2009/6/10 Ilya Platonov <ilya.platonov at>:
>> Battery was at full charge. A couple of hours without the battery solved
>> the problem - now i can power it up.
>> But i discovered that u-boot_env is blanked. Now i seek a way to mend that.
> I've used the uboot-envedit (came with debian for the neo) to create
> it on the desktop, copy it over to the FR and write it to /dev/mtd2
> with nandwrite. I could build one for you, modify the attached file
> for your needs and send it back to me. Or check if
> can help you.
First of all i need right mtdparts. I can't find any info on default
mtdparts for GTA02. Besides the default is not the best solution because
there are differences even between same models. The most simple&radical
solution seems to copy NOR uboot and uboot_env into NAND but i dont know
how to dump NOR content.