Bounty for Navit delopment - Free freerunner - anyone?

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at
Thu Jun 11 21:24:46 CEST 2009

2009/6/8 Yorick Moko <yorickmoko at>:
> I suggest you all try the new navit
> (
> it has a few improvements which MAKE IT USABLE WITH OSM (seems like it
> was already usable with map&guide reiseplanner):
> *added a 20 MB cache for the FR
> *there was a bug until a few days ago which made the navigation to
> recalculate at every update (mostly with OSM)
> time to calculate route is now acceptable and re-calculating also!

I confirm that with svn-2308 I was able yesterday for the first time
to use Navit to navigate with my FR.

This found a couple of new problems - the voice is far too quiet -
which I assume is an alsa problem, and it navigates to the current
position if you pick an impossible destination - i.e. on a road where
no cars are allowed.