Dead Touchscreen, display is fine

Laura Vance vancel at
Tue Jun 23 04:15:39 CEST 2009

rusolis wrote:
> vancel35 wrote:
>> I was out riding my bicycle this past weekend, and I don't have a carrier
>> for my FR to keep it easy access for splitting GPS tracks, so I carry it
>> against my skin.
>> I sweated on it, but it still worked fine.  When I got home, I connected
>> it to my computer and transferred all of the TangoGPS files to my computer
>> for processing.  I left my FR connected to my computer to charge it up.
>> After a little time, I wanted to do something on my FR, but the
>> touchscreen was completely unresponsive.  I tried taking the back cover
>> off and the battery out to let it dry for a few hours, but the touchscreen
>> is still completely dead, but as I said, the display works as usual.
>> Another odd issue is that it normally charges in a few hours connected to
>> my computer, but after leaving it connected all night last night, it's
>> still only at about 80% charge.
>> Is there a connector that may have gotten wet, or anything that may just
>> require me to take the cover off and have a look?
>> Thanks for any info,
>> Laura
> The same thing happened to me. I tried to put the invisible shield crap on
> my screen and after some failed attempts I used too much of the liquid, and
> after a short while the touch screen stopped working (but display was fine).
> I tried to dry it, but it didn't help and finally I sent it to Pulster to
> replace the screen. They replied that they installed a new screen, but then
> put back the old screen and it started working again :-). So my advice is to
> disassemble the FR, take out the screen, let it dry and put it back again
> and hope it works.
> Michal
Thank you very very very much.  That did the trick.  Apparently that
connection isn't perfect... although seeing where it connected, I
would've had to have been sweating a LOT to get that wet.

I took the phone apart, re-seated the connector for the screen, and it
worked.  I have my phone back.  :)

Again,  Thank you very much for your information.