More than 7 partitions on the SD

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Fri Mar 13 07:54:47 CET 2009

W LVM on a phone :D
>LVM could be the solution, your idea is good and here is mine. Due to
>uboot i don't think that an initrd could be done, but we can make the
>following (tell me if i'm crazy): boot to a single
>partition /dev/mmcblk0p1 with a minimal system (kernel with lvm inside,
>sbin dir with mount, chroot and the lvm bins), make a menu in something
>like courses or similar, and then chroot to the choosen partition and
>continue booting.

Hi,

this has been done, but still has some limitations (mainly me not being
c coder so i ended up with python+thinter in that image). having said
that, it's fully functionall. check the devel list for "menu".

you can find the kernelimage (contains initramfs as well) here:
http://vanous.penguin.cz/files/om/menu/

there is also the whole /root , screenshot, generating script etc

you need qi loading it as it is 7MB (!) big. If we have a small c
program running the menu, the size can go down to 4MB and perhaps more.
Speed would also go up (now 17 secs.)

Petr