SD fails spectacularly and unpredictably when a SIM card is used

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at
Mon Mar 16 09:53:33 CET 2009

2009/3/16 Enrico Zini <enrico at>

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:08:11AM +0100, Nicola Mfb wrote:
> >      Exactly this one:
> >

> >      It turns out that the problem is well known, not solved, but with a
> few
> >      work-arounds.  Given the cost of microSD cards nowadays, it's
> probably
> >      cheaper to buy a different one than it is to waste time in testing
> the
> >      work-arounds.
> >
> >    I have problems with a Kingstone SDC4/8GB, that on that wiki page is
> >    reported as working.
> >    Are you using a Vodafone SIM?
> An old Omnitel SIM, that is now run by Vodafone after they bought
> Omnitel.

The same here, it may be interesting to know if the other guy having the
same problem at your conference was using a vodafone card.
We may test with another operator in the meantime as suggested on and report here the results.