FR: Problems, problems: please help

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Thu Mar 26 17:26:13 CET 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Toni Mueller wrote:

> Thanks for posting the link. I found your writings before I posted here
> first, but, while overall I think your writeup is easy to follow, I
> must also say that it contributed to my confusion. At the top of the
> page, you have two photographs. My device looks like the one on the
> left side ("Om2008.8"), even after the flashing, only with some 5 apps
> or so installed, while I thought that it should like the one on the
> right.

that's a good point, i thank you for it, and i'm sorry i confused you.
i've updated the page so hopefully it's a bit clearer that to get
something that looks like my photo you have to do more than just upgrade.

> I may consider attempting to "fix" the problem in a similar style like
> you did, through a series of personal writings, although that would
> proably mainly contribute some more to the "decentralization" of the
> available information.

i urge you to do so!  and we should probably both go and link our
documentation into the wiki, or even rewrite it for direct inclusion.

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net