e17 application menu, and Illume's wifi gadget

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Mar 27 04:15:48 CET 2009

I just finally installed e17 on my Debian-running FR.
It mostly works well (a few crashes here and there, plus a fair bit of
tweaking to finally get icons and fonts with the sizes I want), but
I notice 2 problems:

1 - the "start" shelf gadget gives a menu that is mostly unusable
    since most actual entries are stashed in submenus that get
    displayed offscreen.  It's too bad, because it provides access to
    very useful operations.

2 - I can configure Illume's "wifi" gadget to appear in the shelf, but
    no matter what I do nothing gets displayed, no matter whether I put
    in the int "visible" gadgets, or the "hidden" gadgets, or both.
    I hope when I finally get it to work it will allow me to
    enable/disable wifi.

-- Stefan