[HW] SIM card mount could use redesign (or better docs)

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Fri Mar 27 17:47:36 CET 2009

Hi,

along the recent thread about the uSD card's seating, I'd like to
suggest that the cover for the SIM card gets overhauled, too. The
reason is that in its current state, it looks like short-circuiting the
eight contacts unless a SIM card is inserted. As it should be possible
to operate the device w/o SIM card, and since short-circuiting the
eight contacts doesnt look like being recommended (I could find no
statement about it, but other phones have such holes already, and
short-cicuiting anything doesn't sound too well for me, anyway), I
created a piece of paper that I can use in lieu of a SIM card.

Kind regards,
--Toni++