Om2009 testing Release 2

carcinoma carcinoma at gmx.net
Sat May 2 15:51:16 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 02 Mai 2009 12:49:18 schrieb halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com:
> --- On Fri, 5/1/09, Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After flurry of activity in enlightenment, paroli and
> > oepnmebedded we
> > have a new testing release. There were some problems with
> > the gta01
> > images so tarballs only are released at this point. Please
> > read
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2009 for more details.
>
> Could you clarify a bit ... I assumed you meant there are
> no gta01 images, but that the gta02 image dated 1 May at:
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/testing/NeoFreerunner/fso-paroli-image
>-om-gta02.jffs2 is the new release.
>
> It does have a different size from the old .jffs2. So I
> flashed it, then booted. A screen appears during the boot process
> saying "Enlightenment" which I don't remember from before (that
> doesn't mean it wasn't there) but when booting finally completes,
> I see exactly the same iconless screen as before, showing the
> wrong time, and 4 menu options - I/O, Msgs, Tele, People.
>
> Is this as expected?
>
> Incidentally, the wrong time is not just a timezone thing, it says
> 14:30 on 1st May and the actual time here (Zurich)
> is 12:47 on 2nd May.

it seems paroli works better than ever:
- it starts!
- its fast (mostly)
- on call answering ist faster than zhone
- sms writing is ok
- gprs configuration possible, have not try it
- switching between paroli only and illume mode in runtime works

currently i found:
- after hang up a call from the "other side" paroli returns from the call
screen, but in the Tele line the number was calling is still showing and
pressing buttons doesn't take any effect -> restart paroli
- i can't found the "in-call volume adjustment" during call where is it? aux
button doesn't help
- on settings the gps option is n/a
- screen blank does not lock the input

 Carci