disassembling the device?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun May 3 19:30:46 CEST 2009

Am So  3. Mai 2009 schrieb Rask Ingemann Lambertsen:
> On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 03:43:24PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Disassembling_Neo1973
> >
> > It is the same for the Neo Freerunner
>
>    As to the part about bending the side of the back cover away from the
> headphone connector, I found that it works relatively easily if you insert a
> small (1.6 mm) flat head screwdriver between the headphone connector and the
> PCB retaining clip right next to it.

Strongly deprecated - may break a number of things.
I suggest to use your right hand thumb fingernail to bend the case outward
exactly upon hs-jack (index finger on GSM-ant, middle finger in small recess
next to GPS-ant) while holding the "USB-Side" of case in the inside of your
four finger base knuckles of left hand and gently pushing battery compartment
base with left middle finger. Board pops out easily, takes 1sec.

/j