Om2009 testing Release 2

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Tue May 5 07:27:21 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 03:49 -0700, halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com wrote:
> --- On Fri, 5/1/09, Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After flurry of activity in enlightenment, paroli and
> > oepnmebedded we
> > have a new testing release. There were some problems with
> > the gta01
> > images so tarballs only are released at this point. Please
> > read
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2009 for more details.
> >
> Could you clarify a bit ... I assumed you meant there are
> no gta01 images, but that the gta02 image dated 1 May at:
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/testing/NeoFreerunner/fso-paroli-image-om-gta02.jffs2
> is the new release.

Yes thats exactly it.

> It does have a different size from the old .jffs2. So I
> flashed it, then booted. A screen appears during the boot process
> saying "Enlightenment" which I don't remember from before (that
> doesn't mean it wasn't there) but when booting finally completes,
> I see exactly the same iconless screen as before, showing the
> wrong time, and 4 menu options - I/O, Msgs, Tele, People.
>
> Is this as expected?

That's the correct menus. To change from fullscreen paroli you must
first edit /etc/paroli/paroli.cfg and set settings to True. You can then
get the settings menu up by holding the AUX button. In the settings menu
you can change the profile.

> Incidentally, the wrong time is not just a timezone thing, it says
> 14:30 on 1st May and the actual time here (Zurich)
> is 12:47 on 2nd May.

Is this with or without a network connection. The timezone should get
synced from your GSM provider and the time comes from either GPS or the
network.

Angus