Om2009 testing Release 2

halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 10:47:23 CEST 2009

--- On Tue, 5/5/09, Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org> wrote:

> That's the correct menus. To change from fullscreen
> paroli you must
> first edit /etc/paroli/paroli.cfg and set settings to True.
> You can then
> get the settings menu up by holding the AUX button. In the
> settings menu
> you can change the profile.

Did that, then in the settings menu, chose 'phone', and
set the 'message-volume' to 100 which seems to be the max.
I assume this is the setting for the loudness of incoming
calls. But, incoming calls are still so quiet as to be
just barely audible in a quiet environment.

This is a serious problem. If I can't hear what the party at
the other end of the call is saying, the Freerunner will
never be usable as a cellphone. Is there some other
configuration setting, or is inadequate incoming call
volume a basic hardware limitation?

Nick