Good things to report

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed May 13 07:52:01 CEST 2009

Depends on what you have changed/modified, uname shows only the kernel,
and the same kernel is often used across multiple ditros/versions of
distro.

You will understand the mess when you get an OM/SHR environment :)

Whats really needed is something like gentoo's "emerge --info" command
which prints a system profile.

BillK

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 23:55 -0400, Seth Rothenberg wrote:
> I have a funny question...
>
> >> What:
> >> distro
> >> version (date)
> >> sms app you are using
> >> kernel
> >> mods you have made to the image
>
> Is it possible to get this info from a single command,
> like "uname -a"
> Or, is there an "explore" command as found on some OS's?
>
> I could imagine distro,version,date, and kernel could all
> show up in uname -a
> though I am not an OS developer,
> and don't have an OM/SHR development environment yet.
>
> Thanks

Home in Perth!