The myth of missed phone calls (was: OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?)

Max max at darim.com
Fri May 15 06:22:28 CEST 2009

Hi Jeff.

В Вск, 10/05/2009 в 15:00 +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe пишет:
> 2009/5/3 Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>:
> > # scp location-of-image /dev/mmcblk0
>
> This seemed to work. Booting from the uSD then took the requisite
> ~6min. I didn't get the green d_o_n_e, however, and it took me to a
> login prompt.
>
> How can I verify the version of the firmware?

I updated it recently too and I haven't seen "d_o_n_e" as well.
So I simply booted again to uSD and procedure get started but this time
I got following:
(fluid, version 3) ok
Checksumming (269 * 8kB = 2152kB):  ok
Flash Detect: (0xEC, 0x22A0) Samsung K5A3240CT ok
Program: (0 sectors, 0*8k=0k) () ok
Which means that firmware in your chip is identical to the one on uSD e. g. update was successfull.
See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing for more details.

best regards,
Max.