OM Freakout

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri May 15 22:12:06 CEST 2009

Am Fr  15. Mai 2009 schrieb Sean Chadwell:
> Just a minute ago, I pushed the power button to wake the phone, and it
> totally freaked out, making a kind of scratchy buzzing sound and vibrating.
> The AUX button glowed red and the power button glowed purple. I had to pull
> the battery.
> Rebooted without incident.
>
> This is a GTA02, with 2008.12 . . .
>
> Any ideas what that was about?
>
> -Sean

possible cause: you accidentally hit/released the AUX button _during_
bootloader startup.
As the address switching (from NAND to NOR) done by AUX is direct hw without
any buffering, a state-change during load of bootloader (i.e. the first few
ms after pressing powerbutton) may mess up the whole system. Result
unpredictable.

Anyway chances to seriously break anything by such an incident are small to
zero (though I'd recommend to pull the battery rather sooner than later to
stop the madness)

cheers
jOERG