gprs in US

Seth Rothenberg seth at pachai.net
Tue May 19 19:22:56 CEST 2009

I would like to use GPRS in the US.
I have a SIM card from T-Mobile,
I get an IP address and DNS information,
but I have no route to the Internet via gprs.
(Actually, I have no route to anywhere except usb0
as long as I am connected to gprs :-)

Based on a message I saw on this list,
I thought this would work (T-mobile prepaid).
(wap.voicestream.com; guest/guest :-)

(My present Distro is SHR,  flash seems to be at Moko8,
I'm thinking I'll upgrade to Moko11 Real Soon Now. )

Does anyone have gprs working on tmobile?
If NOT, does anyone have any other prepaid
plan working with GPRS?

I'm willing to switch carriers, but
I'm not ready to sign up for a contract
or lifetime commitment.

(note, I like my phone # :-)

As a matter of fact, my current carrier is AT&T
but I don't like them much and it's time to replace my phones,
so I thought I would try TMobile.

(Can I just get a data plan only and a VOIP account? :-)

Thanks
Seth