Device somehow powered down - would not power up again

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Wed May 20 10:23:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, 29.03.2009 at 15:20:11 +0100, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org> wrote:
> FR is not expected to work without battery. That's technically impossible
> basically. GSM will take >2A in spikes, and usb can deliver max 500mA, from

I seem to have expressed myself in a misleading way. I don't expect to
be able to use the phone w/o a battery if services demand too much
power, but I expected to be able to boot and otherwise work on the
phone, using SSH, copying files to and fro, and maybe some services
like WLAN or GPS, without a battery. Ie, everything that should consume
only as much power as the current power source can deliver.

A rundown about which units consume how much power would be
nice-to-have, too.

Kind regards,
--Toni++