Call quality - Paroli, SHR, QT Extended

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Fri May 22 03:52:41 CEST 2009

After reading the announcement about Paroli, I decided to give 2009 a try.

Difficulty I had with paroli
 * Call to other people were filled will static and echo.  Cycling through
volume did not help.  This is a deal breaker for me.
 - Couldn't get illume to make Paroli windowed to access other apps.
Perhaps I'm missing something
 - Didn't get to test reliability because of call quality.

QT Extended
 - Call Quality is not there (echo)
 - Most reliable of the distro's

SHR
  - Call quality is acceptable
  - reliability is finicky at best

Are my findings normal?

--
Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray