Om2009 testing release 4

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 22 22:48:17 CEST 2009

I didn't see the /var/cache issue, but I just installed on the sd card,
rather than flashing.

I can say that TR4 is definitely improved over TR3 - very impressive for
such a short cycle.

There's still a long way to go on the usability side.  For example I still
haven't figured out exactly where to click to get the option to call or sms
someone from my address book - I just kinda blindly poke at the screen in
the area above the dial-pad, and eventually the list shows up.

I'm going to try using it as my phone for a couple of days, just to see how
if I can stand using it instead of QtE...  :-)

Any info on importing contacts?  if I'm going to use it as my daily phone,
I'd like to be able to get my contacts in there...

Warren

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Alexander Shulgin
<alex.shulgin at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Chris Jenks <chris at jenks.us> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 22 May 2009, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Just flashed the latest images and now I get this on boot:
> >>
> >> In: /var/cache: No space left on device
> >> (+ a few more, /var/lock among them)
> >>
> >> The phone boots up to om-gta02 login prompt.  X doesn't start and usb
> >> networking doesn't work either.
> >>
> >> Tried to reformat uSD card, but this didn't help (didn't expect this
> >> to work, however).
> >>
> >> What can I do about the problem?  Anyone else getting the same?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alex
> >
> >   I didn't even notice the /var/cache problem (wasn't paying attention),
> > and I haven't had any problem with the X server, but I can confirm the
> usb
> > networking problem - I don't get a usb0 interface on my connected desktop
> > as I did with the testing version from the 9th. Also, I tracked the
> > problem down to the root image - the u-boot and kernel images, flashed
> > back to the working images on the 9th, don't fix the problem. ...
>
> Oh, silly me.  I just realized I didn't reflash the boot loader.  Will
> try a bit later.
>
> --
> Alex

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca