voicestream gprs

Seth Rothenberg seth at pachai.net
Wed May 27 04:05:31 CEST 2009

I got to this stage, so now I am sure
I am crashing into a toll barrier
(nothing money won't fix :-)

I edited the apn line in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/shr_settings_modules/shr_gprs.py
    apn, login, password = "wap.voicestream.com", "", ""

and rebooted and clicked connect.

Soon after, /etc/resolv.conf was changed,
nameserver 10.177.0.34
nameserver 10.163.140.242

AND

ping pachai.net returned
PING pachai.net (67.18.176.172): 56 data bytes
and nothing else....

which of course is standard behavior for
a corporate firewall that one is not authorized on.
(the DNS servers seem to have ping disabled)

When my kids are asleep, I'll call tMobile
and hope to speak to a different sales agent.

It's amazing that a customer is in the store,
and they say they can't help you.