SHR-U / FSO GPRS problem: many things fail after GPRS disconnect

Tom Yates madhatter at
Fri Nov 20 21:43:38 CET 2009

I'm having a problem with both Sep09 and Nov09 SHR-U and GPRS.  It mirrors
a problem i used to have with 2009, though less frequently.

Specifically, once I set my APN correctly SHR-U brings the GPRS connection
up beautifully, but once I bring it down (using
Settings->Connectivity->Disconnect) the phone finds it difficult to
suspend, often refuses to make calls, won't fire up the settings
application, that sort of thing.  The phone rapidly becomes
near-catatonic, and has to be rebooted.

I see from that I'm not the
only one with this problem, but the SHR chaps believe it to be an upstream

The closest thing I can find in the FSO tracker is , which isn't overfull of detail
or changing very much.

Does anyone else have this problem?  FSO chaps, might this be an FSO
issue?  How can I help diagnose it?  It's very repeatable for me.

       Tom Yates  -