Problems with sim-card

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:58:58 CEST 2009

Look at http://www.1qaz.de/loose-sim.jpg - I can move the sim-card
back and forth in the slot (about 0,25 mm?). On the other side of the
sim I've marked the area where the upper two contacts go, they are
very close to a border. Could this be the reason that I get this "GSM
not available, try again in 5s" from ophonekitd rather frequently
during the last weeks? Currently I do shutdown, remove the battery and
move the card, back or forth, boot again and wait for the simauth
dialog, sometimes I have to repeat this. My other sim from T-Mobile
looks different, it has no borders at that places, but I need that sim
in another phone.