OpenMoko + Exchange

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 01:44:25 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 29 September 2009, not12listen wrote:
> bringing this back from the dead...
>
> i've been off the OM boards for a bit, but my interest in owning one has
> not diminished in the slightest.
>
> my question still stands...  is there a reasonable method by which to
> connect an OM device to an exchange server?
>
> in all honesty, if there is, i'd run out and buy one tomorrow... :)
>
> again, i am VERY green when it comes to linux, but is there a way to
> package the Exchange connection add-on of Evolution to either Claws,
> Openmoko Mail or Qtmail?  or, is that idea much like re-inventing the
> wheel?

What _exactly_ do you mean by 'connect to an exchange server'? I ask because
for some people it means 'read my inbox' while others think it means 'look and
feel exactly as Outlook does.' There's a world of difference between them, and
probably solutions for several points in between. What capabilities are deal
breakers if missing, and which ones don't you care about?