[SHR-Testing[ Trouble with 16Gb microSDHC

Konstantin Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 2 12:01:17 CET 2010

Joachim Ott wrote:
> Why do you insist on booting from sd-card? You can boot from NAND and
> still use the whole card, mounting one big partition, or what I
> prefer, several smaller partitions.
>
> To find out what's going wrong:
>
> - try u-boot instead of Qi
> - boot from a smaller partiton on sd-card, 2 or 4 GB
>
> See also http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SanDisk/SDSDQ-016G-E11M

Thanks for your advice. I tried making a smaller (4 GB) partition and boot from
that, but still no dice.
However, I found out that the older SHR unstable (circa August 2009) boots and
works just fine from the bigger sd card, so I think I can rule out a problem
with the bootloader?
Any other ideas? Maybe there were changes in the kernel for the new shr versions
which could cause this behaviour?

Regards,
Konstantin