[SHR-Testing[ Trouble with 16Gb microSDHC

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:59:34 CET 2010

2010/1/3 Konstantin <Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net>:
> Adrian Carrera wrote:
>> I recomment that you try and keep the fat16 size and choose the size for
>> the ext2 and ext3 that fits your needs. Try to use the ext2 for the
>> filesystem.
>>
>> I hope this can help you.
>
> Thanks for the advice, I will try this first thing tomorrow morning! :)
>
> One additional question though: What is the state of the available bootloaders?
> I checked the openmoko wiki, but the information therein seem to be hopelessly
> outdated :(
>
> I thought that uboot was discontinued and Qi took its place. Now, it seems to me
> that Qi is discontinued?
> There's appearently a newer build (Jan 2010) available at
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/unstable/NeoFreerunner/ -
> is this the recommended bootloader now? Do I lose features comparing to Qi by
> going back to uboot (faster boot time,faster suspend/resume, better SD/SDHC
> support)?

I think you can get almost the same boot time when you set the
following u-boot environment variables:

loglevel=0 quiet

One other thing you could try is to boot the kernel that is in
/dev/mtd3. You should have the matching modules in /lib/modules on the
sd-card. This can be done with u-boot, I don't if Qi could do this
too.