Sooo... I may have blown up my battery.

François-Léonard Gilbert gilbertf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 01:21:38 CET 2010

Happy new year to all!

I did not have time to fiddle with my FR until today, so here are the
results while plugged in a USB port:

POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=3675000
so 3,675 volts.  under nominal, but not so bad.

POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=89812
89 mA with the phone locked to a tower (4 bars with QtMoko)

POWER_SUPPLY_TIME_TO_EMPTY=5040
is that miliseconds?!?

POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=11
if the max is 11% charged ==> shot battery.

I can't test without a power supply plugged in, the phone shuts down
too fast :-(

Well, at least I finally have a brand new BL-6C backup now, so I can
keep using the phone while I find a way to get a smart one from
Tuxbrain(I want the leather case, why pay double shippping?)

Is there a way to tell the dumb battery monitor what the full capacity
is for the battery?  850 mAh is a far shot from the 1150 mAh rated for
this BL-6C.

Thanks again for the pointers!
Francois-Leonard Gilbert